Restylane® is a safe and natural dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds. Collagen is a protein that is found naturally in your body to give support to your skin. With time (or accelerated by sun or smoke damage), your body’s collagen weakens forming wrinkles in skin. Restylane helps to replenish the skin’s natural collagen support layer and provide additional support. The result is a smoother face.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is a cosmetic dermal filler made of clear hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance that already exists in the human body. The hyaluronic acid creates volume in the face, giving it a healthy, youthful appearance. When Restylane is injected directly into areas where the body’s collagen has been weakened, depressions can be raised to the level of surrounding skin. This smoothes and minimizes facial lines and most types of scars. In addition, skin texture is improved and has a softer and more even tone.
The Different Types of Restylane
There are multiple products within the Restylane family that are designed for treating different areas of the face.
- Restylane Classic – Add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth).
- Restylane Contour – Used for cheek augmentation and correction of midface contour deficiencies.
- Restylane Kysse – Enhance the lip volume and minimize the appearance of fine lines above the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft – Used to increase volume and smooth wrinkles in the mid-face/cheek area and nasolabial folds. Also approved by the FDA for age-related volume loss in the back of hands.
- Restylane Refyne and Defyne – Specially formulated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as the nasolabial folds).
- Restylane Silk – Add fullness and definition to lips with natural-looking results after just one treatment. It is also ideal to help smooth the wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
How is a Restylane procedure performed?
Restylane is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle, resulting in minimal discomfort. The procedure is simple and quick, and results are practically instantaneous. Numbing cream may be used before the Restylane treatment to optimize your comfort during the short procedure.
Traditional fillers are liquid or gel substances such as hyaluronic acid or bovine or porcine collagen. They diminish lines, wrinkles, and creases by filling in the space beneath these defects. The results are immediate.